The City of Clinton understands the importance of infrastructure and reliable utilities for business applications.
Utilities — water, sewage, and electric — are provided by the City of Clinton Combined Utilities System.
Power for electricity is purchased through the Piedmont Municipal Power Agency.
- Water – 1.5 MGD
- Sewer – .43 MGD
- Electric – 25 kV line with the ability to increase
The Clinton-Newberry Natural Gas Authority serves Clinton with 6″ and 8″ transmission lines.
In order to sign up for new water and/or electric service follow these steps:
- Contact Building Inspections office (P: 864-833-7517)
- Determine whether building requires electrical inspection
- Receive certificate of occupancy
- Bring certificate of occupancy in person to Finance Department (M.S. Bailey Municipal Center 1st floor, 211 N. Broad St., 864-833-2790)
- Present picture identification and social security card
- Sign customer service agreement and pay fees
- All existing debts to the City of Clinton must be settled in full prior to service connection